Alan Lepofsky is a Vice-President and Principal Analyst for Constellation Research. Over the past few years, he have helped companies to improve their human force process with software industry.
Get your Free Digital Adoption Certificate
- Product Management
- Enterprise Software
From year 1983 to 1985, Lepofsky attended Charles H Best Middle School and from 1986 to 1990 he studied in William Lyon Mackenzie Collegiate Institute. He received his Bachelor degree, Mechanical Engineering, from the University of Toronto in 1995.
Milestones in life
- Solution Experts
Alan Lepofsky has over 20 years of experience helping companies to utilize software technology in their process. He helped them understand how to use automation and technology to develop their workers and other assets.
Lepofsky also pushes companies and leaders to use of social software to change the way they conduct their business process.
Alan Lepofsky main areas of research include:
– The evolution of communication technologies, from email, to chat, to social networking. Understanding where new methods make sense, and equally as important where they don’t.
– Improvements in the creation, sharing, and storage of content (documents, presentations) and richer forms of media such as podcasts, videos, scorecards, and mashups.
– Locating and sharing subject matter expertise. Helping employees, customers, and partners share information and operate more effectively with collective knowledge.
– Bringing aspects of the video game world to business. For example, defined missions (projects), with milestones, goals, and rewards. Ranking and reputation. Teamwork.
– Bringing all of the above together in ways where the tools can help people discover the content and people they need to get their job done. Call it Web 3.0 or Semantic Web, or whatever new buzzword you want, but this is where many of these concepts converge.
Alan Lepofsky has yet released any books or publications.
- Work Coordination Platforms Bring Structure to Projects and Processes
- Work Coordination Vendor Smartsheet Acquires Slope
- Four Key Areas for Enhancing the #EmployeeExperience in the #FutureOfWork
- Event Review: Our People Centered Digital Future #OurDigitalFuture
- Email Is Dead. NOT.
” Work Coordination Platforms (formerly called Social Task Management) help alleviate these challenges by bringing structure, prioritization and accountability to work, helping employees optimize their productivity and effectiveness. The significance of the market for Work Coordination Platforms has been validated by a large number of recent funding rounds, acquisitions, initial public offerings, product launches and partnerships.”
“If I had a dollar for every time I’ve heard that email was dead. Yet, Microsoft Outlook, Google GMail, and IBM Verse remain critical applications for business people around the world. Likewise, acquisitions in the email market are accelerating.”
” The intersection of collaboration tools and analytics provides the solution to employee information overload. This next generation of enterprise software will contain cognitive productivity assistants that will not only enable people to get more work done, but rather get the right work done.”